|Our client has been building new homes for 50 years and is firmly established as a leading developer with a passion for not just building homes but creating vibrant sustainable communities winning industry awards on a regular basis.
They are seeing promising growth and profit figures across their division and with this in mind they are currently looking for an Assistant Site Manager to join their construction department based initially on a development delivering 19 traditionally built houses in Sunbury on Thames, Surrey.
The role will be to assist the site manager with managing and securing the production of dwellings within pre-determined programmes and budgets, where you will be utilising your strong project management skills. Working with the site manager you will be responsible for ensuring the end-to-end build process is compliant with Company quality and all health and safety standards.
The successful candidate will be overseeing subcontractors, working to ensure a smooth build process, working proactively to identify potential problems and finding solutions to ensure we never compromise on the build quality or safety on site.
Essential skills we’re looking for:
· Finishing Foreman/Assistant Site Management experience with a main housebuilder
· Proven experience managing sites for residential and mixed-use projects
· Excellent time management and able to manage multiple subcontractors on site
· Commercially and financially aware of costing and sustainability
· Able to build strong working relationships
· Eager to progress and driven
· Motivated and able to engage with all levels of staff; colleagues and third parties
· Excellent communication skills
· Health and Safety focused with the ability to naturally promote a safe working environment
To be successful within the business you will be expected to constantly work to improve build patterns, suggesting any improvements or additions which could positively impact the team, the customers, or the end product and the build process as a whole.
In return for your efforts a competitive salary, along with a good benefits package which includes company car, pension scheme, bonus, share scheme and annual leave starting from 25 days upwards is on offer.
Our client seeks to be an ethical and progressive employer which encourages a culture of openness, creativity and continuous professional development as an equal opportunities employer.
With the region now up to 19 sites across Berkshire, Surrey and Sussex, this is a great opportunity to join a financially secure business with one of the best names in the industry, where the focus is on developing a “team” ethos throughout the region, with genuine career progression on offer.
Please contact me to discuss further.