|Our well respected client and one of the best funded property developers in the Country, were founded 25 years ago on the simple philosophy of building quality homes that people would aspire to own, located in highly desirable locations throughout Berkshire and Surrey. A Public Limited Company (PLC), but one that remains independent, are growing the business and now alongside bespoke higher end schemes have some larger projects, still maintaining quality.
With this in mind they are seeking a dynamic and driven Surveyor who would be ready to progress to Snr Surveyor statues shortly, initially leading 3 live residential projects from 50-100 units based at their head office on the Hampshire/Berkshire border.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, the successful applicant will be responsible for the full Surveying process including:
- Prepare site budgets including liaising with finance, buying, construction, technical and sales departments.
- Deal with subcontract enquiries including collation of information to ensure that subcontract quotations are submitted in line with all current information and health and safety requirements.
- Carry out tender analysis of subcontractor quotations.
- Place subcontract orders following completion of Pre-Commencement Meeting.
- Ensure that all subcontracts hold relevant CHAS/Safemark accreditation and that insurance policies are in place for all current subcontractors.
- Oversee valuation and payment of subcontractors’ accounts through to final account; including issue of subcontract variation orders where required.
- Prepare periodic internal cost reports based on costs to date and forecasting future costs through to completion of the development.
- Attend meetings for design development, value engineering, site meetings etc.
- Liaise with Estimating Department regarding current costs.
- Liaise with site management team in respect of day to day matters.
- Provide cost control suggestions where appropriate and advise senior managers as required.
- Consider alternative specifications/design solutions.
- COINS experience ideally required
We are looking for someone with experience of working within the residential construction industry who has excellent IT skills including COINS and who can demonstrate the ability to work to deadlines. With the business growing over the next few years, this placement is crucial for this target growth.
Please get in contact to discuss further.