|Established for over 70 years and earning the statues of a 5 star rated builder with the House Builders Federation for 2017, our modern and innovative client are expanding throughout the South East.
With a region that is growing from 246 units to 400 units, they are looking for a Senior Material Buyer to join the Commercial department. Working with an existing Buyer for the region, carrying out the full Buying role including scheduling and take offs for 4 live projects, based at their offices in Redhill in Surrey.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS/ DUTIES
Initial duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Liaise with our Technical & Surveying Team to provide prices to the Project Surveyor for materials associated with a particular tender or project, to assist with formation of budgets.
- Compiling tender enquiries including scheduling works and checking specifications
- Analysing quotations and putting together cost quotations and analyses
- Obtaining prices for materials, and the subsequent purchasing of materials for secured developments for our Housing Division ensuring compliance with Group frameworks and price agreements.
- Providing relevant information to Senior Management to enable commercial decisions to take place.
- Keeping detailed records and maintaining a well organised work schedule.
- Our Purchase Ordering Process uses our COINS ERP finance system for the administration, collating of information and reporting of all materials purchasing
- Undertake any ad-hoc duties as may be required within the Purchasing function
KEY REQUIREMENTS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience as a Materials Buyer for a Residential Housing Developer.
- Ability to work quickly and to tight deadlines
- Ability to work alone with limited supervision
- Communicate effectively and maintain excellent working relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Computer literacy is essential
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook
- Previous experience using COINS or other finance systems is not essential but would be beneficial
- Excellent interpersonal skills
With further new projects in the local area starting shortly, this is a great opportunity to join a financially secure business with one of the best names in the industry, where the focus is on developing a “team” ethos throughout the region, with genuine career progression on offer as showcased by key individuals in the region.
Please contact me to discuss further.