|If you’re passionate about delivering exciting projects, leading award-winning teams, challenging your abilities and expanding your skills, our client can offer you the career you’re looking for.
As a leading New Homes Developer with a history of creating well-designed sustainable communities for over 50 years, our FTSE250 client are proud to hold a well-regarded capability for delivering award-winning developments, recognised by the NHBC and industry-leading Commercial, Design and Customer Service bodies. They offer a bespoke product range from one-bed apartments up to five-bed detached houses, each carefully designed and delivered to the highest quality for our customers.
We are seeking a driven Quantity Surveyor with leadership qualities and a strong portfolio of residential housing experience to be based out of their St Albans regional office, with experience of managing procurement for trade packages and a minimum of 5 years+ experience at dealing with high volume yet also complexity in costing, forecasting, subcontractor budgeting, with a depth of understanding which shows they can manage budgeting and surveying with a proactive approach.
You will be dealing with contractual issues, procurement and payment of sub-contractors from pre-operational stage through to final account settlement.
Key duties to include:
- The identification & procurement of suitable sub-contractors.
- Using the appropriate tender documentation effectively and efficiently procure tenders, negotiate and let subcontracts within required timescales, ensuring compliance to policies and procedures including the Protection Manual, Quality Manual, and Trade Conditions
- The negotiation & letting of subcontracts within required timescales.
- Management of the financial aspects of the development.
- Reviewing and forecasting the latest cost estimates and reporting including monthly cost reviews.
- Attend relevant site meetings alongside Senior Leadership teams.
- Manage the payment of subcontractors, measured work and variations are paid in a timely manner.
- Working closely with external employers such as Housing Associations undertaking valuations, cash flow forecasts, obtaining warranties, etc.
- Looking at VE options and alternatives to make suitable cost savings and value.
- The specification of materials and plant in accordance with the Group Agreements.
Skills and experience we’re looking for:
- Strong Quantity Surveyor in a main contractor or housebuilder.
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail and produces accurate work.
- Knowledge of the Residential Development market
- Commercially aware with analytical & proactive approach towards problem solving.
- Strong ability to negotiate and influence
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and written
- Pragmatic; able to assess situations by considering the benefits and risks for all parties
- Confident in managing suppliers whilst negotiating and agreeing contracts
- Team management skills; leads by example, considering team strengths and areas for improvement
- Builds excellent working relationships
- Performance management of your team and suppliers
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- CSCS card
As an employer of choice, they offer an extensive range of benefits, to include:
- Competitive salaries and bonus schemes
- Share save Scheme
- Company car or car allowance
- Private pension
- Private healthcare and cash plan options
- 25 days’ annual leave
- Childcare vouchers
- Gym membership discounts
- Retail discounts
Please get in contact to discuss this opportunity further.