|Our privately owned client are an independent residential construction company working as both a developer for bespoke private housing schemes and as a contractor for local affordable housing associations within Surrey and South London.
They focus on quality residential projects from traditional houses to RC frame apartments and have a number of projects live or coming through planning.
The business has doubled their turnover in the last 2 years so with this in mind, they are in a position where they are looking for a proven Snr Surveyor to initially be project based on a new 175 unit RC frame development near Purley Surrey.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, the successful applicant will be responsible for the full Surveying process including:
- Prepare site budgets including liaising with finance, buying, construction, technical and sales departments.
- Deal with subcontract enquiries including collation of information to ensure that subcontract quotations are submitted in line with all current information and health and safety requirements.
- Carry out tender analysis of subcontractor quotations.
- Place subcontract orders following completion of Pre-Commencement Meeting.
- Ensure that all subcontracts hold relevant CHAS/Safemark accreditation and that insurance policies are in place for all current subcontractors.
- Oversee valuation and payment of subcontractors’ accounts through to final account; including issue of subcontract variation orders where required.
- Prepare periodic internal cost reports based on costs to date and forecasting future costs through to completion of the development.
- Attend meetings for design development, value engineering, site meetings etc.
- Liaise with Estimating Department regarding current costs.
- Liaise with site management team in respect of day to day matters.
- Provide cost control suggestions where appropriate and advise senior managers as required.
- Consider alternative specifications/design solutions.
- Advise costs of clients’ extras.
- Developing and mentoring of the Assistant Surveyor and Surveyor in the team
We are looking for someone with experience of working within the residential construction industry who has excellent IT skills and demonstrate the ability to work to deadlines. You will also have excellent organisational, planning and management skills.
Please contact me to discuss further.