|Established for over 70 years and earning the statues of a 5 star rated builder with the House Builders Federation for 2017, our modern and innovative client are expanding throughout the South East..
With a region that is growing from and moving to new offices shortly near Reigate Surrey, they are looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join the Commercial department, working with a team of 5, carrying out the full Surveying role across 2 – live projects.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, responsible for procuring Sub-Contractors and Services ensuring that construction programmes are maintained.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Prepare site budgets including liaising with finance, buying, construction, technical and sales departments.
- Deal with subcontract enquiries including collation of information to ensure that subcontract quotations are submitted in line with all current information and health and safety requirements.
- Carry out tender analysis of subcontractor quotations.
- Place subcontract orders following completion of Pre-Commencement Meeting.
- Ensure that all subcontracts hold relevant CHAS/Safemark accreditation and that insurance policies are in place for all current subcontractors.
- Oversee valuation and payment of subcontractors’ accounts through to final account; including issue of subcontract variation orders where required.
- Prepare periodic internal cost reports based on costs to date and forecasting future costs through to completion of the development.
- Liaise, pre-contract and post-contract, with housing associations on social projects, including Employer’s Requirements, contract sum analysis and valuations through to final account and defects liability period and release of final retention moiety.
- Attend meetings for design development, value engineering, site meetings etc.
- Liaise with Estimating Department regarding current costs.
- Liaise with site management team in respect of day to day matters.
- Provide cost control suggestions where appropriate and advise senior managers as required.
- Consider alternative specifications/design solutions.
- Liaise with other developers on consortium projects in respect of shared costs etc.
- Advise costs of sales/clients’ extras.
We are looking for someone with experience of working within the construction industry (ideally house building) in a surveying role.
You will have excellent IT skills and demonstrate the ability to work to deadlines. You will also have excellent organisational, planning and management skills.
Experience of COINS would be ideal also but not essential.
With further new projects in the local area starting shortly, this is a great opportunity to join a financially secure business with one of the best names in the industry, where the focus is on developing a “team” ethos throughout the region, with genuine career progression on offer as showcased by key individuals in the region.
Please contact me to discuss further.