|Established in 2015, our client is a privately owned, cash rich business who are pushing into 2021 in a big way. With the infrastructure now in place, their vision is to grow to a 300 unit per year business over the next few years and they look on track to achieve this.
They are now seeking a hungry and driven Technical Coordinator to join the growing team, in managing the coordination process across 3 live project reporting into a Head of Technical.
Current live projects range from 1 off client build bespoke mansion properties to 100 RC frame social housing apartments showcasing product diversity.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as under instruction
- Patient, calm and empathetic
- Self-motivated to deliver a high standard
- Taking ownership to ensure a situation is resolved efficiently and effectively
- To coordinate the design and regulatory approval process for residential housing developments from the point of handover from the land department, through to completion of build.
- To act as Principle Design Coordinator and provide all Health and Safety Information to comply with company H&S policies.
- To prepare consultants brief and manage the appointment of consultants.
- Manage the delivery of surveys/reports and the detailed design process including infrastructure, substructure, house types, landscaping, conveyance plans and any associated legal agreements
- Coordination of supplier’s design and product information.
- Undertake Value engineering assessments and ensure buildability
- Liaise with in house departments, external stakeholders and clients to ensure that designs are fully coordinated
- Ensure that designs produced comply with both internal company policy requirements and all necessary regulatory approvals
- Monitor the design in line with the development programme and ensure that the latest information is issued to relevant parties and maintained on the document management system
- Running a maximum of 3 projects at any one time
- Carry out any other duties commensurate with the role.
- Minimum level 2 in English, Mathematics and IT
- HNC or equivalent construction qualification
- Excellent IT, written & verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional organisational skills and the ability to meet strict deadlines through effective prioritisation of tasks.
- A solid background working for housebuilding companies within a Technical role.
- Good strong knowledge of the development/technical design process.
- Sound understanding of statutory requirements, including Building Regs. NHBC Standards, and Sustainability, with an ability to interpret and negotiate compliance.
- Willingness to bring forward new ideas, challenge areas where we can improve, and contribute to our ongoing success
- Being passionate about your role, which may include working flexibly on occasions
- UK driver’s license
Please get in contact to discuss further.