|Our well respected client and one of the best funded property developers in the Country, were founded 30 years ago on the simple philosophy of building quality homes that people would aspire to own, located in highly desirable locations throughout Berkshire, Hampshire and Surrey. A Public Limited Company but one that remains independent but are growing the business and now alongside bespoke higher end schemes have some larger projects, still maintaining quality.
They are looking to expand to £185m/yr next year and are seeking a Technical Coordinator to join the established department following huge land investment and these projects coming to fruition.
With over a dozen live projects, we are seeking an ambitious individual who is looking to secure a move with an industry leader in the Thames Valley for the next large portion of their career, with a sound knowledge of current building regulations.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as under instruction
- Patient, calm and empathetic
- Self-motivated to deliver a high standard
- Taking ownership to ensure a situation is resolved efficiently and effectively
- To coordinate the design and regulatory approval process for residential housing developments from the point of handover from the land department, through to completion of build.
- To act as Principle Design Coordinator and provide all Health and Safety Information to comply with company H&S policies.
- To prepare consultants brief and manage the appointment of consultants.
- Manage the delivery of surveys/reports and the detailed design process including infrastructure, substructure, house types, landscaping, conveyance plans and any associated legal agreements
- Coordination of supplier’s design and product information.
- Undertake Value engineering assessments and ensure buildability
- Liaise with in house departments, external stakeholders and clients to ensure that designs are fully coordinated
- Ensure that designs produced comply with both internal company policy requirements and all necessary regulatory approvals
- Monitor the design in line with the development programme and ensure that the latest information is issued to relevant parties and maintained on the document management system
- Running a maximum of 3 projects at any one time
- Carry out any other duties commensurate with the role.
- Minimum level 2 in English, Mathematics and IT
- HNC or equivalent construction qualification
- Excellent IT, written & verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional organisational skills and the ability to meet strict deadlines through effective prioritisation of tasks.
- A solid background working for housebuilding companies within a Technical role.
- Good strong knowledge of the development/technical design process.
- Sound understanding of statutory requirements, including Building Regs. NHBC Standards, and Sustainability, with an ability to interpret and negotiate compliance.
- Willingness to bring forward new ideas, challenge areas where we can improve, and contribute to our ongoing success
- Being passionate about your role, which may include working flexibly on occasions
- UK driver’s license
Please get in contact to discuss further.