|Our privately owned independent developer / contractor are growing at a rapid rate throughout Sussex. Proud to be delivering both private bespoke developments as well as working in partnerships with local authorities, they can offer a diverse and secure pipeline of leafy lane residential projects and are looking for a Technical Manager to add to their Technical department.
Managing 3-4 projects at various stages with the sites ranging from 20 to 80 houses, from planning approved stage to the appointment of consultants and being the Technical lead throughout the development to completion.
Reporting to the Head of Technical, the successful applicant will be responsible for the following:
- To thoroughly check and value engineer and architectural working drawing packages and facilitate the build of all elements of the respective sites with minimal cost impact.
- To progress services enquiries and collate all information received.
- To instruct consultants both architectural and engineering and liaise regularly throughout the conception of the working drawings package to fully drive the solution.
- To conceive the Technical Programme for the working drawings elements and issue drawings, recording all issues on drawings issue sheets.
- To cross reference internal & external specifications and transfer information to the working drawing package as necessary to facilitate the ease of build.
- To instruct soil investigations and attend to review ground conditions encountered to conceive the engineering solution.
- To register the sites with building control and manage the discharge of conditions accordingly prior to CML date where possible.
- To manage the information required for highways agreements including S38/APC’s & S278’s as well as Thames Water agreements S104, S106 and requisitions and obtaining demolition licenses.
- Keep up to date with new initiatives and market trends.
- To check and manage the consultant checking of all sub-contractor information of all build elements including floors, stairs, steelwork, flues, trusses, dormers and bespoke items.
- To undertake site visits as required and to liaise with site staff in the resolution of problems arising and to attend monthly site meetings with the respective development team.
- To report and communicate regularly as required on all developments.
- To coordinate all technical information on projects.
- Knowledge of building regulations and any other legislation relevant to the construction industry.
With the business growing year on year, this placement is crucial for this target growth.
Please get in contact to discuss further.